Nvidia Corp. said it will introduce what it called its first complete system of hardware and software, an offering designed to move graphics-heavy computing chores from desktop systems to the cloud. The chip maker calls the forthcoming product the Grid Visual Computing Appliance, a server-style device that is packed with Nvidia technology and runs software that normally requires expensive workstations Continue reading
Microsoft has announced some key details of how it will introduce Dynamics ERP (enterprise resource planning) software products to the cloud computing model, from initial release dates to the precise role of partners. Dynamics NAV 2013 and GP 2013, both of which cater to smaller and midsized companies, will be available on Microsoft’s Azure cloud service through partners in June, Continue reading
According to market researcher Gartner, growth will be especially high in smaller geographies, although mature markets will continue to generate much of the cloud related spending. Gartner: Worldwide Public Cloud Services Market To Reach $131BKen PrestiFri, 01 Mar 2013 00:05:00 GMT
Microsoft has joined the Open Data Center Alliance (ODCA) as a contributor member. The ODCA is an independent organization that counts dozens of companies among its members, including Nokia, Rackspace, Motorola Mobility, and AT&T. It is very publicly committed to crafting a cloud-computing future based on open and interoperable standards. As part of that vision, it hosts technical workgroups in Continue reading
It is still early in 2013, so I can make some cloud, virtualization, storage and IO related predictions, or more aptly, talk about some trends, in addition to those that I made in late 2012, looking forward and back. Common over-riding themes will continue to include convergence (people and technology), valueware, clouds (public, private, hybrid and community) among others. Certainly, Continue reading
Please join Dell at VMware PEX 2013. Dell will be hosting a pre-conference Boot Camp on Monday, February 25th, from 8:45AM – 5:30PM. The Session ID for Dell’s Boot Camp at VMware PEX 2013 is SPO2249. The key takeaways will be:
1. A clear vision for how Dell’s Active Infrastructure can be utilized to quickly and efficiently assist your customers in deploying data center infrastructure.
2. A deeper understanding of the latest Dell and VMware desktop virtualization solution architectures, including easily implemented and managed end-to-end VDI solutions.
3. The opportunity to learn about and enhance your revenue with Dell Software’s Data Protection & Performance Management Portfolio in a VMware environment.
RSVP for Dell’s Partner Appreciation Party at VMware PEX 2013. Join Dell SMEs and a select group of channel partner peers at miX Lounge on Monday, February 25th, from 6:30 – 8:30PM.
Come talk to us in Dell Booth #514 and join Dell in our breakout session, SPO2323, Dell and VMware – VDI Game Changer for Our Channel Partners. The session takes place on Tuesday, February 26th from 12:30 – 1:30PM and the key takeaways will be:
1. Dell offers a world-class VDI solution, optimized with VMware View that is easy to order, configure, deploy and support and within budget.
2. Ability to resell fully integrated, end-to-end, converged VDI solution targeted at the mid-market.
3. Vertical solution around common use cases of Always On Desktop and Mobile Secure Desktop that further simplify and speed up deployments.
We look forward to talking to you and winning together!